Are there any lesser-known destinations in Europe worth exploring?
Asked 5 months ago
Hi all, I'm looking for some hidden gems in Europe to visit this summer. I've already been to most of Europe's hot spots and I'd like to explore more, so does anyone have any recommendations for some underrated cities to visit on my next trip to Europe?
Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Europe is full of amazing hidden gems, and it really depends on what you're looking for. That said, here're a few different ideas to get your thoughts rolling:
- Beach Locations: Algarve, Portugal and Sardinia, Italy
- Nature: Plitvice Lakes National Park, Croatia, and The Faroe Islands in Denmark
- History: Kraków, Poland and Bath, England (famous for its roman built baths)
- Art: Vilnius, Lithuania, and the Uffizi Gallery in Florence, Italy
- Culture: Porto, Portugal, and Galway, Ireland are both great places to get yourself stuck deep in historical culture.
- Nightlife: Belgrade, Serbia, and Thessaloniki, Greece both offer a diverse mix of culture and bustling nightlife
- Alternative Activities: Iceland offers the Northern lights, exploration through ice caves, or the opportunity to relax in some natural hot springs.
I hope this helps stimulate that adventurous mind of yours, enjoy your trip!
Please follow our Community Guidelines