How can I save money traveling Europe but still have quality experiences?
Asked 5 months ago
Hello everyone. My sister surprised me with a trip to Europe as a graduation gift and I'm so happy about it, but I'm worried about spending too much money because I want to save up for a car. Still, I'd like to try out local food, visit popular spots, maybe go out for drinks here and there, stuff like that. How can I save money in Europe but still experience it the right way?
Wednesday, May 31, 2023
Saving money while traveling is an art, but once you get into the natural flow of the locals, you will find that things aren't quite as expensive as you first thought.
Here're some ideas to get you started:
- Stay flexible with your dates and travel in the shoulder seasons
- Look for deals on cash back or booking sites like CashYo and Booking.com. They often have deals on flights and train rides if you book early or with a package
- Eat where the locals eat
- Take part in as many free activities as possible
- Explore cities on foot (you see more this way too)
- Use public transport where possible
Remember, the less you spend, the longer you can travel, so balancing budget and comfort is important.
Please follow our Community Guidelines